Love Learn Lead
Knightsville Elementary School will create lifelong learners who are able to meet the challenges of the future.
KES Vision Statement
Knightsville Elementary School will prepare our children to be citizens who love, learn, and lead.
Dorchester Two’s GATE Summer Reading List 2015
Reading is an essential skill for all academic work, and the more students read, the better readers they become! Wide recreational reading can extend vocabulary, increase comprehension, and stimulate higher order thinking. We want the best learning experiences for our children in Dorchester Two!
Every student participating in Dorchester Two’s Gifted & Talented Education (GATE) program has been asked to read the following novels this summer:
- Rising 4th grade GATE students – Choice of one of the following:
- The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
- Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
- Rising 5th grade GATE students – Choice of one of the following:
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Buddy by M.H. Herlong
- Ungifted by Gordon Korman
- Rising 6th grade GATE students – The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Rising 7th grade GATE students – The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Rising 8th grade Honors/CP English I students – Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Rising 8th grade Advanced/GATE Literature – Nothing but the Truth by Avi
Thank you for your assistance in providing books for our students and assisting us in encouraging a life-long love of reading! Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Anita Ruff at 843-821-3960. Have a great summer!